Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Humans

(The Human Chronicles, Part 1)

Perhaps it's because the way I was raised.
    Perhaps it's because of those around me.
        Perhaps there is no reason.

Computers I understand.
    Work the magick of -
        Bit, Byte, Modem.

Cats I understand.
    The need for heat.
        Constant grooming.

Humans, my fellow humans.
    I just don't get them.
        Yes means no, no means yes, maybe...

The walls we build.
    Custom, practice, tradition
        Boys don't cry.

Sex is love.
    Love ain't sex.
        Forever is the next morning.

Don't put wallets in front pockets.
    I can't sit down
        That way!

All wanted is to reach out.
    But the fear keeps the corners.
        Only places to sit.

Rejection is modus operandi
    Love should be repaid with the same.
        Not pushed aside, blocked with walls.

Humans.
    So many rules.
        Break them all!!!

What is society?
    Why allow it to dictate to the soul?
        How do you know this is bad for me??

Inside the bird soars.
    Outside he sits in a corner.
        Grounded......

K.J.K. 2-11-01

No comments: